Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Palermo’s Simplicio Describes Shock Brazil Call-Up As An ‘Early Christmas Present’

Palermo have had a fairly patchy start to the season, as they currently sit mid-table with 16 points to their name, after 12 rounds of football.

One of their most reliable players this term has undoubtedly been their midfielder Fabio Simplicio, whose consistency has been rewarded with a call-up to Dunga’s Brazilian national team.

The South Americans are set to meet England and Oman in friendlies over the next fortnight, and Simplicio is overjoyed with his call up to the squad.

“This is like an early Christmas present for me,” the 30-year-old affirmed in an interview with Globoesporte.

“I have no words to express the happiness I am feeling at the moment. It was a great surprise to be called up, and now I want to make the most of my chances, and try to stay in the group to earn a place at the World Cup.

“I’m anxious to prove my worth in the national team,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment