Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Redknapp fuming over Spurs Christmas party

Tottenham's players have left manager Harry Redknapp fuming over their secret Christmas party in Dublin last week.
Skipper Robbie Keane and 15 other members of the Spurs squad had told Redknapp they were going to Ireland for a club golf day.
Instead, they defied the manager's ban on Christmas parties and enjoyed a trawl of Dublin's pubs and nightclubs.
An angry Redknapp said last night: "I don't know how they thought they would get away with it without being caught out.
"Mind you, Tiger Woods didn't do too bad!"
Yet no one is going to smile their way out of this one as Redknapp prepares to hammer his superstar sinners one by one on Monday morning - starting with Keane.
Redknapp added: "Everyone knows my views on Christmas parties - they are more trouble than they're worth. It's all very well having an office party and getting drunk, falling over and being stupid. But when you're a professional footballer you can't do that.
"I'm a football manager and I wouldn't go out and get drunk, fall around and pull some old sl*g. I'm not that stupid. People are waiting to catch you out and take pictures so you cannot leave yourself open to this kind of thing.
"I've got absolutely no sympathy for the players. They get very well paid and they were told not to do it.
"Manchester United had problems with their Christmas party a couple of years ago and every club seems to have trouble at some point or other. I told my players I didn't want them having one and I don't see why that should happen in today's football."

No comments:

Post a Comment