Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Local Catholic is discouraged by diocese bankruptcy filing

 find it sadly amusing that the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington filed for bankruptcy. Now countless victims will have received little compensation for the horrors they suffered.
Advertisement


Being raised as a Catholic, I have been baptized, had holy communion and been confirmed. I now consider myself lucky that nothing happened to me. What a twisted tale of sodomy abuse and concealment. Who would think the money my parents gave to put in the collection basket would go to aiding pedophiles?

The spineless former attorney general of Delaware, Jane Brady, said there was nothing she could do because of the statute of limitations had run out when she was in office, all while the district attorney of Philadelphia, Lynne Abraham, produced a scolding 300-page plus report on the Philadelphia diocese detailing all the sexual abuse through aiding and abetting of immoral priests.

I would tell the Catholics of my area now is the time to break the chain of abuse and abstain from worshipping at your Catholic church until it is safe for you and your children.
Matthew Del Pizzo, Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment